As members of the University of Toronto community, students assume certain responsibilities and are guaranteed certain rights and freedoms.
The University has several policies that are approved by the Governing Council and which apply to all students. Each student must become familiar with the policies. The University will assume that they have done so. The rules and regulations of the Faculty of Music are listed in this calendar. In applying to the Faculty of Music, the student assumes certain responsibilities to the University and the Faculty, and, if admitted and registered, shall be subject to all rules, regulations and policies cited in the calendar, as amended from time to time.
All University policies can be found at: http://www.governingcouncil.utoronto.ca/Governing_Council/policies.htm
Those which are of particular importance to students are:
- Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters
- Code of Student Conduct
- Policy on Assessment and Grading Practices
- Policy on Official Correspondence with Students
- Policy on Access to Student Academic Records
- Policy on Academic Transcripts
- Policy on Academic Continuity
- Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment